- Kroger Plus Card - Without this little card, you won't be able to take advantage of most sale prices at Kroger. If you don't have one already, stop by customer service and fill out a form. It just takes a second and you'll be able to use it right away. Not only does it help you save on groceries, but you'll accumulate points towards fuel savings and you can sign up to receive coupons in the mail.
- Double Coupons - Kroger will automatically double an unlimited amount of coupons with a face value of up to $.50. This comes in especially handy when they have their 10 for $10 sales and Mega Events. Always be sure to scan your Plus Card first or your coupons will not double. I learned this the hard way the other day!
- Digital Coupons - This is another advantage of the Plus Card. If you haven't already done so, go to Kroger.com and register your card. This will allow you to add digital, or e-coupons, to your card. Be careful though because these cannot be used in conjunction with paper coupons and they do not double! If you have a paper coupon for $.50 off of an item, do not add an e-coupon for the same item unless you plan on purchasing more than one.
- Manager's Specials and Closeouts - Keep an eye out for shelves full of products that have the yellow and orange Manager's Special stickers on them. This is a great place to find baked goods that have been marked down and lots of other items for super cheap or even free after coupons. Each store puts these in a different area and selection will vary from store to store. If you can't find it, ask a store associate and be sure to check the shelf each time you shop. Refrigerated items on Manager's Special can be found in the areas with the regularly priced products. Also be on the lookout for the white and red Closeout tags while you're shopping. Closeout items will be in the aisles with their regularly priced counterparts. Make sure you carry your extra coupons with you because you never know what you'll find. A few weeks ago, I found Purex laundry detergent on closeout for $1.87 and used some $1 coupons, making it only $.87!
- Mega Events - I'm sure you've noticed the Mega Event sales where you are required to purchase a certain amount of participating products in order to get a few dollars off your order. These often provide great opportunities to stock up. Spend some time looking around for included products that were not advertised in the store circular and you're likely to find some awesome deals.
- 10 for $10, BOGO - This is a little trick Kroger uses to get you to spend more money. These sales differ from the Mega Events because you don't have to purchase a certain amount to get the sale price. All items included in the 10 for $10 sales will ring up at $1 no matter how many you purchase. Buy one get one free items ring up at half price, so you only have to purchase one to get a good deal!
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Couponing At Kroger
I decided to start with a tutorial on Kroger since it's one of the easiest stores to learn. I'm going to touch on a few key points to help you get started saving right away!